Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
For Ian: Old links not working

This one is for Ian to start with...

Ian, you told us that the format for links in the old forum database is changed.

Do you think you can make an SQL query to change them all at once? if not: Can you enlighten us about the old format versus the new one so we can manually change them easily?

This is because I was asked by new members interested in reading my Tips & Tricks and having problems with the links. I think that at least this section should be top notch and I want to update those I wrote and invite other authors to do the same.

P.S.: Thanks for removing unworking smilies. Now go for ordering them in a logical manner... ;)

Last edited:
I now understand Ian as it is easy in the sense of doable. But not easy in the perspective of time invested to actually do it (DB Programmer speaking).

So, if I just edit the part showthread.php?t=2662 to be replaced by index.php?topic=2262.' this should work?

GRRRR! Wanting to unlock my own T&T for editing, I got the message:

This was locked by an administrator. You cannot unlock it.

>:D

Yep, that works Denis. Which thread do you want unlocked?

I've unlocked ALL of the Tips & Tricks threads, and I'll lock them again in 24-48 hours, to give everyone time to update any of their links.

Does this mean that even the owners (starters) of the threads won't be able to edit after that?

Anytime you need to edit Denis, just shout and we can always unlock for you. There's no way (I don't think) to all the OP access without allowing others access too.

I have been reading about SQL search and replace, so this might be doable. I will need to make a backup of the database and then I'll give it a shot. Time is running out here at home before I need to head to work, so I'll give it a shot in a bit.

I also read about Mod_Rewrite being a possibility for redirecting them Ian - might be an alternative if that doesn't do it.

I just fixed an external link in one of my T&Ts because of the UtoU Forum change!

Don

I am finished with updating in the T&T section and locked my threads except for the list of presets... Thanks. :)

But finding all my posts where I gave links back to lightroomqueen.com/community will take a looooong time if not automated. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't worry about every single post Denis! ;)

All locked again now, shout if anyone needs one unlocked

I clicked the "Unlock" for the topic "Where to find presets" but even if i received a normal message as "Are you sure you want to do this?", this didn't unlock even if I am the owner.

If you remember well Victoria, that one and probably two others were meant to be left open (Books and Tutos). See:Read Me! Intent of Tips/Tricks

Okey dokey, they're unlocked.

As far as I know, if a topic's been locked by Mod or Admin, only Mod or Admin can unlock it agian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back