• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Re-arranging photos on disk... so it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palle Jensen

GreyT Drumming
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
When I began to use LR after several transitions, machine crashes I simply imported the photos from their present position on their drives and folders. truly it was messy, not for LR but for backing up and knowing where those photos reside.
once I realy tidied up using finder... bad idea, I knew where every photo was. LR did not, anymore... so I reverted to the messy structure.

Now I have done it again, but from inside LR. To my amazement It is quite simple, making / renaming folders and dragging photos all within LR. It took some time to do, I have some 30K photos...So hooray for this feature. and backup is simple, just one folder (and subfolders) on my data disk. I you want to do it read the book first, it is great and fine inspiration... hail to the Queen

Well done Palle, glad we could help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back