Re-arrange right hand panels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry12953

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
As a returning member, this may already have been covered, but it would be really handy to be able re-order the various develop tools on the right-hand panel. The first tool I normally use - the lens correction tool - is right at the bottom.

is this possible?

Hi Jerry,

I asked that same question a while back and was told - No it is not possible. We can collaspe all so that only one tool is open at a time, but we can not re-arrange the order.

Would applying lens correction on import be of any help for you? That way it would already be done when you go to the Development module

The Panel positions are hardwired by Adobe. You can not display a panel by unchecking it and you can place the whole right (or left panels) in "solo mode" so that only one panel is open at a time. Solo mode is a good choice for laptops with smaller screens.

Hi Jerry,

I asked that same question a while back and was told - No it is not possible. We can collaspe all so that only one tool is open at a time, but we can not re-arrange the order.

Would applying lens correction on import be of any help for you? That way it would already be done when you go to the Development module

Actually, that would be useful. I can't see any reason not to do the lens corrections automatically, maybe on import? Apart from slowing the process down, is there any other disadvantage to this?

The only disadvantage currently is that applying Lens Corrections seems to have a "slowdown" effect when using the Spot Removal tool, but if you apply LC via an import preset and you then find you have a lot of spotting work to do, you could temporarily switch off the lens correction via the panel switch until you'd finished with the spot tool (but don't forget to turn it back on again afterwards).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back