Raw Files Not Showing Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcannonp

I have a group of raw files that I edited in Photoshop and saved to the same folder. The client wants color and black and white, so I made virtual copies of the retouched PSDs in order to make B&W versions. Now the raw files are no longer showing in the catalog and won't import. I'm not sure if I did something to cause this or not. Yesterday, I'm pretty sure that there were three versions of the files in the catalog. I'm looking at the folder, and I have no filters enabled. Anyone know what's going on here?

Check your filters and/or that they are not behind the others in a closed stack!

Don

Cannon, what's in the actual folder on disk?

To understand the workflow here: You imported raws, sent them to PS, back to LR as PSDs, the created VCs of the PSDs to B/W treat? In Lr, you can see the PSDs, and the B/W VCs, but not the original raws?

I know you're a pretty savvy user, but sounds like a filter thing of some kind.(edit: sorry posted after the filter reverification, etc)

Cannon, what's in the actual folder on disk?

To understand the workflow here: You imported raws, sent them to PS, back to LR as PSDs, the created VCs of the PSDs to B/W treat? In Lr, you can see the PSDs, and the B/W VCs, but not the original raws?

That's correct.

I know you're a pretty savvy user, but sounds like a filter thing of some kind.(edit: sorry posted after the filter reverification, etc)

It sounds like a filter thing to me too, but I've set the filters to LR's Filters Off setting. I also tried setting the filters to just show raw files, and nothing showed up. The folder count is accurate to having the raw files in the folder.

Try these:
Optimise the catalog.
Synchronise the folder.
Set filters for the folder to "File Type" in the top Filter panel which will list each file type and the number of files for each type.

I've tried syncronizing and the filter tricks with no luck. I'll give optimizing a shot.

Canon, can you post a screen shot of the filter bar please....

Thanks, now how about a folder shot too please. Thanks.....

Cannon I am out the door for the rest of the day to see a Monet exhibition !!
Will check this out again later. Hope someone else has a look during the day/night/whatever - where ever you are!!:lol::lol:

Kiwigeoff;436'3 said:
Cannon I am out the door for the rest of the day to see a Monet exhibition !!
Will check this out again later. Hope someone else has a look during the day/night/whatever - where ever you are!!:lol::lol:

Thanks for thinking about it and enjoy the exhibition.

It's not a crisis. I was done with those files anyway. I wouldn't even have noticed if I hadn't needed to copy settings from one of the files. Things like this just make me nervous about it happening again at a more inopportune time.

It looks like to me the third (rightmost) image is actually folder '1', and not '2', as you indicate the left 2 images are. Probably still doesn't explain the disparity, but ....

It looks like to me the third (rightmost) image is actually folder '1', and not '2', as you indicate the left 2 images are. Probably still doesn't explain the disparity, but ....

Yes. The right image is of folder #1. That's the folder that is having issues. I just put up the middle pic of the filter bar in #2 to show that it is working properly. The filter bar in #1 should look similar to that one, but it doesn't.

The last Monet exhibit that I saw was 2' pictures of the same bridge. My art teacher was all excited about it, but I found the Lucas Samaras exhibit that was in the same building much more interesting.

When I finish this job I can get more into experimenting with it. I don't want to risk losing my B&W versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back