Raw files convert to b/w on import.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophunter

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 5.4
Operating System
Hello
On import of raw files from a fujifilm xt3 the images convert to b/w. It is said on the hue/saturation panel that a monochrome profile is activated. I can’t for the life of me find where to desactivate this and come back to my colors.
when I import files from another camera it doesn’t do this.
but previous files of xt3 imported fine, and now the same files also convert to monochrome.
I’ve tried resetting to default, about everything.
any idea what I can do?
i am on macOS Sierra 10/12
thank you

The first and most obvious thing to check is that you're not applying a preset during import, i.e. check the "Apply During Import" panel to ensure there's not a Develop Preset included there.

Assuming there isn't, take one of the images into the Develop module and press the Reset button. I expect that won't fix the problem, so next press and hold the Shift key on the keyboard which will change the Reset button to "Reset (Adobe)". Click on that button, and hopefully the image will reveryt to colour. If it does, that means you have inadvertently changed the Adobe Develop defualts for that camera, to fix that simply go to the Develop menu>Set Default Settings>Restore Adobe Default Settings.

Once done, take another image into Develop and this time pressing Reset should revert the image to colour. Note that this change will fix the issue for future imports, but for existing images you'll need to Reset them manually.

Thank you Jim.
did all that and still the images turn to b/w as soon as they have entered Lightroom After just a glimpse of the color version.
what I didn’t know was that my Lightroom has been upgraded from 5 to cc everything worked fine so I didn’t think about it. But it can be that these images were the first imported after the upgrade.
i uninstalled the whole program and reinstalled it. Nothing changes.
only the images from fujifilm xt3 have the problem. Panasonic, Sony, and canon images work fine.
I wonder if there is a color incompatibility, or bitrate with the xt3 that arised during the upgrade. the problem has also leaked to the Lr 5 version, but on the other computer with the same programs it has no issue.
:-(
Any further idea?
thank you for your knowledge and time!

I don't understand the reference to LR5, as that is such an old version that it wouldn't be possible to import raw files from the XT-3.

But I don't have any other suggestions at this stage, if resetting the develop settings back to default didn't fix the issue. I'd suggest therefore uploading a couple of the problem files to some file-sharing site such as Dropbox and share the link to them with us so that we can download them to investigate the issue further.

ok, so i've found the answer.
there is a incompatibility between fujifilm and adobe which made the adobe profile disappear from lightroom.
i have updated the OS to sierra fierce and the conversion o raw files as well.
it wasn't a lightroom issue but a fujifilm one.
thanks for your help, doing these things lead me to find the answer in fujifilm, not adobe
also, photoshop was seeing my images in b/w
apparently it works, until it doesn't... no one really knows why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back