• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Ratings not showing in survey mnode

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulgodard

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I am using the latest version of LRC on my MBP with 2 external monitors and I can not find a way to display the star ratings of selected images in survey mode. It seems that it is possible based on doc and articles but it definitely does not work on my side... although I am sure it was working before.
What is the trick?

Solution
Ah, you're using the secondary display and I don't think that the rating information has ever been shown when using Survey mode on that secondary display, though I don't know why.
If you have more than 25 images selected for the Survey View, you lose the info under each image. The "25" number may vary based on monitor size, but that what it is on my monitor.

Here is an example with 5 images. The monitor is 24" 1920 x 1200 px.

Attachments

• LR_Survey.jpg
    LR_Survey.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 111
Ah, you're using the secondary display and I don't think that the rating information has ever been shown when using Survey mode on that secondary display, though I don't know why.

Solution
You are right. So the solution is simply to show the survey on the main display and loupe on secondary... something I forgot to try!
Thank you Jim!

You are right. So the solution is simply to show the survey on the main display and loupe on secondary... something I forgot to try!
Thank you Jim!
Yes, it should work on the primary display.

I don't think that the rating information has ever been shown when using Survey mode on that secondary display, though I don't know why.
According to this unacknowledged bug report, ratings and flags disappeared from Survey view in LR 3:
Lightroom: Restore ability for secondary monitor support for ratings and flags.

Victoria's response to another query gives a hint of Adobe's rationale:
https://feedback-readonly.photoshop...3d424eb662?commentId=5f5f47aa4b561a3d42e6815d
LR assumes all keyboard shortcuts apply to the primary window. So if ratings and flags were displayed in Survey on a second display, users might be tempted to try to use them with keyboard shortcuts. (I'm speculating about Adobe's rationale, not giving my own opinion about the design.)

Thanks John. I checked back to LR3, saw the same problem there so assumed it was as designed. Maybe I need to install LR1 and 2 for future testing (still have the installer lying around somewhere).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back