• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Random images edited in LR mobile on iPad not syncing between Adobe cloud and Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

gill_1

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 11.0 [ 202110120910-0bccc70d ]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. iOS
I use LR Classic v11 on desktop and regularly sync collections from desktop to LR Mobile (up to date version) on my iPad for editing as smart previews on the go. 99.9% of the time this works perfectly, but twice now I have found that edits to random odd images from within an album (with no pattern that I can identify) are not syncing from LR web back down to my desktop. The edits, and ratings, appear on LR Mobile and in the Adobe cloud, but not in Classic. This affects around 20% of the images edited (which were done all in one batch with no difference in timing or approach) and are spread randomly throughout the album, with ones either side behaving as normal, and whatever I do I cannot get them to sync between the Adobe cloud and Classic. Have backed up, logged out, logged back in again, switched PC off and on again - all the obvious things. Last time I re-edited them and thought it was a one-off, but now it's happened again I just don't trust it any more, which will massively affect my workflow. Would love to know if anyone has experienced anything similar and found the cause, and a fix. Thank you.

We are talking about acutal edits to the look of the image and not metadata such as keywords, right?

I'm not sure I can shed any light on your problem, but you may want to run Lightroom Desktop (Not LR Classic, but the desktop version of the cloud based Lighroom ecosystem) or the web brwoser version of Lightroom Cloud ecosystem and see if your edits made it to the cloud. This at least will tell us if the problem is between your LR Mobile app and the Cloud servers or between the Cloud Servers and LR/Classic.

We are talking about acutal edits to the look of the image and not metadata such as keywords, right?

I'm not sure I can shed any light on your problem, but you may want to run Lightroom Desktop (Not LR Classic, but the desktop version of the cloud based Lighroom ecosystem) or the web brwoser version of Lightroom Cloud ecosystem and see if your edits made it to the cloud. This at least will tell us if the problem is between your LR Mobile app and the Cloud servers or between the Cloud Servers and LR/Classic.
Many thanks, and yes, it's the actual edits I'm not seeing. And as I said above, the edits, and ratings, appear on LR Mobile and in the Adobe cloud, but not in Classic. So yes, the problem is definitely between between the Cloud Servers and LR/Classic, not between my LR Mobile app and the Cloud servers. As an update, I tried copying one of the offending images on my hard drive, renaming it, importing it into LR and then syncing it to Mobile and making an edit, and it behaved perfectly normally, with the edits syncing back to Classic on the desktop as I would expect. And the only thing I changed was the filename!

You can try resetting the syncing engine of LrC. Go to Preferences, Sync tab and press Option (on a Mac) or Alt (on Windows): A Rebuilt Sync Data button will appear. Press it and LrC will clear the sync cache. Restart LrC and then enable Sync again from the Cloud icon on the top right: you’ll get a message that everything is downloading again from the Cloud but that’s only the sync info. It may take some time but hopefully syncing will work better from know on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After years of sync working perfectly for me I’ve been experiencing this issue for a few months now.

Any changes made on iPad (usually simply pictures flagged) randomly don’t sync back to Classic. Last shoot of about 600 pictures synced then flagged on iPad around 150 didn’t sync back to classic. I can find no pattern to it. Any changes made are synced to the cloud and can be seen by iPhone and LR Cloudy so it’s definitely the Cloud->Classic thats not working.

I’ve found if you select a picture (or pictures) and select ‘Metadata/Read Metadata’ from file this seems to trigger Classic to get itself together and sync properly.

It’s very annoying and hampering my workflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back