• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Radial filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afterimage

Afterimage
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
LR Classic Radial Filter not working. When I click on the filter I get the cursor but when I try to use it all I get is what is shown on attached. I get no circles, etc. to adjust the filter.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 3.14.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 3.14.06 PM.png
    861.6 KB · Views: 250
Hello! I have found that when that happens to me, I have to close and reopen Lr and then it functions properly. Have you tried that? Can you see the radial filter start anywhere at all outside your image?

LR Classic Radial Filter not working. When I click on the filter I get the cursor but when I try to use it all I get is what is shown on attached. I get no circles, etc. to adjust the filter.
First- you have the "Show Edit Pins" set to [Never] so no circle! Change the option.
You can press keyboard [H] to Show/Hide the Circle/pins.
Your Radial filter is set to adjust 'outside' the drawn circle with a slight increase of exposure so you my not even be seeing the adjustment on an image that is already quite 'bright'. Try a more 'drastic' adjustment for a visual sense, then dial the sliders back to the effect you want.
And you can press keyboard [O] for the mask overlay that will indicate where the filter is being applied. [Shift+O] changes the colour of the overlay.

When I try to use the RF I get a cross but cannot make a circle or any selection. I get what is on the attached.
Is there a way to reset the tool?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 3.14.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 3.14.06 PM.png
    861.6 KB · Views: 220
Sorry if I do not understand, but are you holding down the left mouse button and dragging the cursor to create the circle?
And have you pressed [H] to Hide/Unhide the circle AFTER you have drawn it?
What do you see when you 'Show the Selected Mask Overlay' (or pressed [O] ) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back