• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Quick way to move selected pictures to a specific folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpdave100

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 10.1.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have a workflow where I move all my rejected pictures to a single folder (AADeleted), from where I eventually delete them.

As you can imagine I do this quite a lot, and dragging from a folder that could be a long way away in the folder structure to this AADeleted folder can be slow, and a bit fraught. And leaves me in the AADEleted folder afterwards.

I'd love a keyboard shortcut to just move these files for me, perhaps to one of my Favourite folders.

Any ideas?

I think it might be easier to simply change your workflow. No matter where you find image you can. Always reject them (X). This can be in any collection or folder. Periodically switch to the All Photographs special collection and filter on Rejected (X) photos You can select all of these rejsected photos that are in the filter and delete them from the catalog and the disk.

I have a workflow where I move all my rejected pictures to a single folder (AADeleted), from where I eventually delete them.

As you can imagine I do this quite a lot, and dragging from a folder that could be a long way away in the folder structure to this AADeleted folder can be slow, and a bit fraught. And leaves me in the AADEleted folder afterwards.

I'd love a keyboard shortcut to just move these files for me, perhaps to one of my Favourite folders.

Any ideas?
This can be done with software outside of LR, and that is where I do my culling. FastStone can move images to a pre-assigned folder with two key strokes. But inside of LR, I would recommend the suggestion that Cletus provided.

--Ken

Cleetus has the best answer (above).

However, if for some reason you don't like using the simple Reject Flag ("X" speed key on any selected image), you can create a Collection for your rejected photos and set it as the "Target" collection. then use the "B" key to add add/remove selected images from that collection. Not a folder but can serve the same purpose for you.

This can be done with software outside of LR, and that is where I do my culling. FastStone can move images to a pre-assigned folder with two key strokes. But inside of LR, I would recommend the suggestion that Cletus provided.

--Ken
I'm interested in your workflow, as I find LR a bit cumbersome for initial stages, is it:
- import everything from camera to some folder structure
- use FastStone to cull and sort within the folder structure
- import the remainder of the folder structure into LR (into a seperate set of folders?)
- do editing, cvataloging, final sorting, etc in LR

I'm interested in your workflow, as I find LR a bit cumbersome for initial stages, is it:
- import everything from camera to some folder structure
- use FastStone to cull and sort within the folder structure
- import the remainder of the folder structure into LR (into a seperate set of folders?)
- do editing, cvataloging, final sorting, etc in LR
This is a pretty close explanation. I download from the card to a sorting folder where I cull with FastStone. I then use a program to rename/backup and move into date-based folders in one sweep. Finally, I import the images into LR Classic by just adding the images as they are already placed in the folders in the proper location. All post processing and placing the image into categories is done in LR. It may not be for everybody, but it works reasonably well for me.

--Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back