Quick Poll - Which Nikon camera profile do you use in Lightroom ?

Which Nikon Camera Profile Do You Use By Default ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sizzlingbadger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I'm interested to see what people are using as their default profile and whether they stick with it or use the different profiles for different images. I currently use D2X Mode2 as my default profile with +1' dialled in on the Red Saturation Slider. I rarely change the profile for my images. We are talking about the profile in Lightroom not in the camera.

Mark Sirota

Lightroom Experience
Power User
For the D7'' my default is Adobe Standard (so that's what I've checked), but I do play with it. If I end up with something different, it's usually Camera Standard v2 or Camera D2X Mode 1 v2.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
For my D3'', I import w/Camera Standard, but I always run through the other profiles on any image that I wish to PP. I always consider the profile as my starting point, and different images require different profiles for my needs. If I was dong volume work, I do not think that I would be considering profiles on an image-by-image basis.

--Ken

sizzlingbadger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I find Adobe Standard blows out the highlights too readily and also has a reddish sort of hue that makes skin and skies look bad. Bringing the brightness control down 1' - 15 points brings it into line with Capture NX / Jpeg tone curves.

sizzlingbadger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I'm finding this setting is a very good generic starting point. I have compared it to multiple custom x-rite calibrated profiles under many different lighting conditions and has given the most colour accuracy of all the profiles so far. It lacks a little saturation so I boost all RGB channels by 1'.

Graeme Brown

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
[quote author=sizzlingbadger link=topic=1'241.msg69497#msg69497 date=1277888758]
I'm finding this setting is a very good generic starting point. I have compared it to multiple custom x-rite calibrated profiles under many different lighting conditions and has given the most colour accuracy of all the profiles so far. It lacks a little saturation so I boost all RGB channels by 1'.
[/quote]

I need to have a bit of time to play with this, but that looks like a pretty good starting point, even for my pasty-faced Scottish grooms :)

sizzlingbadger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Been playing again, I think Camera Standard works well if you set the Red Hue to -5 so that reds are red and not orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.