• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Question about viewing files in a folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightroom8345

Lightroom Version Number
cc
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
In a folder that has nested folders, you can see all the files in the main folder by opening the parent folder. This allows you to see all the files that are in the subfolders as well.

But how can you see the files that have not yet been placed into a subfolder?

This can be an issue when sorting a huge folder to make things neat (let's say a folder based on my family, broken into themes like year- perhaps this is an inefficient way to organize, but it works for me! :) Anyhow, the only way I can make sure I have not 'left behind' any files within the main folder is to move all subfolders into an entirely separate folder elsewhere in my catalog. This then reveals any files that had not been placed into a subfolder. then i continue sorting then move all the subfolders back within the parent folder.

Thats a pretty time consuming process. Is there a way to turn off subfolder view when looking into the parent folder?

On the folders panel title bar way over at the right end there is a very tiny little down arrow at the bottom right corner of the "+" sign. Get out your magnifying glass if need be to see it. click on it and you'll get a context menu where you can un-check "Show Photos in Subfolders".

1579288438516.png

And if you don't have a magnifying glass handy, that option is also available in the Library menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back