• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Question about sharing an album publicly

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua.j.lashley

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am part of a historical team that is experimenting to find a way to share a large amount of military photos that consist of our service members over the past 100 years. We have tried several different programs and none have met our needs yet. We are currently trying Lightroom.

My question is if we apply facial tagging to photos, will those tags be seen by others when we make that album public? We are spending immense amounts of time identifying the service members in these photos and if we cannot share that work with family members, the public, etc,. then Lightroom will not work for us.

Thank you for any help or advice

Sad to say that no, face tags applied in Lightroom (either version) are not visible when sharing albums online.

Thank you for your help Jim. We will resume our search for a program that allows us to properly identify individuals and share with others so they can benefit.

How about Flickr? If you are manually tagging photos, Flickr will share the tags with your audience.

--Ken

It is my understanding that Flickr does not do face tagging, and that is our primary goal. We need to be able to identify the individuals in a group photo of WWII pilots, or a unit in Vietnam. It doesn't meet our intent to just use normal tags which would give a name of an individual, but not be able to say which person in the photo that is.

Facebook's capabilities are exactly what we're looking for it seems, but we're trying to avoid using Facebook for an official government project.

@joshua.j.lashley

You can actually use Lightroom, but it requires an additional step.
I have done this from Classic, I do not think Cloudy exports people, setup a publish service to the hard disk,
At this point, the images contain the meta-data. You can either utilize a tool like JAlbum or even Sharepoint to generate the website. For JAlbum there are templates which include the ability to search the keywords and meta-data in the images.
Just make sure to include exporting all meta-data information when exporting/publishing. The default is to not include it.

Also, I have not tested it, but in the cloudy versions of Lr, they have added some connectors to third party website tools. Some of which had search tools available, but I have not evaluated what information is exported or available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back