Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am part of a historical team that is experimenting to find a way to share a large amount of military photos that consist of our service members over the past 100 years. We have tried several different programs and none have met our needs yet. We are currently trying Lightroom.

My question is if we apply facial tagging to photos, will those tags be seen by others when we make that album public? We are spending immense amounts of time identifying the service members in these photos and if we cannot share that work with family members, the public, etc,. then Lightroom will not work for us.

Thank you for any help or advice

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Sad to say that no, face tags applied in Lightroom (either version) are not visible when sharing albums online.

joshua.j.lashley

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Thank you for your help Jim. We will resume our search for a program that allows us to properly identify individuals and share with others so they can benefit.

joshua.j.lashley

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
It is my understanding that Flickr does not do face tagging, and that is our primary goal. We need to be able to identify the individuals in a group photo of WWII pilots, or a unit in Vietnam. It doesn't meet our intent to just use normal tags which would give a name of an individual, but not be able to say which person in the photo that is.

joshua.j.lashley

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Facebook's capabilities are exactly what we're looking for it seems, but we're trying to avoid using Facebook for an official government project.