Status
Not open for further replies.

dStrangeRider

Lightroom Version Number
LightRoom CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
  2. iOS
I'm using Lightroom CC on both the IPad and Macbook. I've new so learning, but have imported photos from my Camera Roll, and many RAW files directly from the camera. I recently added Topaz Sharpen AI. After processing a photo in Sharpen AI, when I import the image as DNG, it looks fine in the preview but once opens is has a dramatic purple haze. This doesn't happen if I import the same photo as JPEG, or TIFF. I'm guessing, Lightoom is applying sometype of filter on import, but have no idea how to find this, or why it is only happening to DNG files.
Thanks for any help!

TIFF and DNG are really the same format when the DNG is an RGB file. Check your Import preset being used for a develop preset being applied

I'm not real experienced at this, but when I look under Preferenced, Import it shows as using Adobe Default. Also as a test using this same setting, I imported a RAW file from my SD card, and it looked fine. I then imported a DNG file from Sharpen AI, and it looked fine in the preview, but turned purple on import. This does indeed make me think something is being applied, but not experienced enough to know where to look.

That is not the place I was suggesting to look for a a develop preset. In the Import dialog, there is a field to include a develop preset. Check there.

Maybe I'm dense, but I'm not sure where to find the Import Dialog in Light Room CC (version 5.1). The behavior suggests that a preset is the problem, I simply don't know how to check and find if this is happening.

Maybe I'm dense, but I'm not sure where to find the Import Dialog in Light Room CC (version 5.1). The behavior suggests that a preset is the problem, I simply don't know how to check and find if this is happening.

I’m the one that is dense. I am using Tap-a-Talk and it does not show the version of Lightroom. I’ll take a look in the morning from the Perspective of your use of Lightroom (cloudy) Adobe has dropped the CC on all of their apps as it was confusing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! Here is a screenshot of what I think is the Import Dialog Box. If I change this to Camera Default all the photo still has a dramatic purple hue. However, if I output these from Sharpen AI as TIFF, then I don't get the hue, so that is my work around. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 416A4141-41E6-4012-8023-992A4C45D271.png
    416A4141-41E6-4012-8023-992A4C45D271.png
    124.4 KB · Views: 129
The DNG that is saved by Sharpen AI is not a raw file. It’s a linear RGB file. That explains why changing the raw default setting in Lightroom won’t do anything. It does seem that Lightroom has problems with this file type however, so my suggestion would be that Sharpen AI does not comply to the DNG standards.

I agree with Johan. Save the Topaz file as a TIFF not as an RGB DNG file. It could be that Lightroom is applying a RAW DNG default to an RGB DNG when it should not be. The Image data in the RGB image block should be identical when the file type is TIFF or DNG.

There may be a possibility that you are encountering a bug in Lightroom's Import of RGB DNGs. More investigation is needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back