• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

publishing options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse Sisken

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I'm nearing completion of a photo book using the Book module of LR 5.7. Planning to publish a print book. I can export the book to a PDF and would like to consider IngramSpark for printing but a PDF from LR is incompatible with IS's requirements because it uses RGB rather than CMYK. Is there a work around? Is there another good printing option besides Blurb?

If using the book module in Lr, I am fairly sure Blurb is really the only choice.
I personally prefer mixbook, I just export the images from Lr and upload them to mixbook and build my book there. It has worked out very well so far. Shutterfly I think is a touch easier to work with, but I find the quality of Mixbook is a little bit better.
Beyond those two, there are many others.

If using the book module in Lr, I am fairly sure Blurb is really the only choice.
I personally prefer mixbook, I just export the images from Lr and upload them to mixbook and build my book there. It has worked out very well so far. Shutterfly I think is a touch easier to work with, but I find the quality of Mixbook is a little bit better.
Beyond those two, there are many others.

Export JPEGs from the Book module. Resize them if necessary, either in Photoshop or by reimporting the JPEGs into Lr.

I should note that Ingram's printing isn't ideal for photobooks - my books are printed by Lightning Source (same subsidiary that print IngramSpark) as they're 600 page tomes, but just be aware of the print differences. The Premium Color is closer to Blurb's output than the 70/105 that I use, but cost will depend on how big your book is.

I've successfully done this many times. Export your Adobe Lightroom book as a pdf. Use Adobe Acrobat app to convert to CYMK and repaginate to Lightning Source or Ingram Spark specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back