clee01l

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I manage all of my exports through a Publish Service using mostly Smart Publish Collections. My local camera club has monthly competitions that follow certain guidelines And images that fall into certain categories. I can submit up to 8 and sometimes 10 images per month.

I am having great difficulty tracking the images that have been submitted. And I can only see the problem growing as I submit more images in future months. I would like to develop a HD Publish Service that will track all of the images so that I can by looking in LR determine which images were submitted to the club for competition in which category and what month/year.

The Hierarchy of categories goes like this:
Code:
Print
.....Regular (up to 2 per month)
..........Nature (up to 1 per month)
..........Pictorial (up to 1 per month)
..........PhotoJournalism (up to 1 per month)
..........Travel (up to 1 per month)
.....Creative (up to 1 per month)
.....Monochrome (up to 1 per month)
.....Field Trip (held quarterly up to 3 per quarter)
.....Assignment (up to 1 per month)
Projected (Digital)
.....Regular (up to 2 per month)
..........Nature (up to 1 per month)
..........Pictorial (up to 1 per month)
..........PhotoJournalism (up to 1 per month)
..........Travel (up to 1 per month)
.....Creative (up to 1 per month)
.....Monochrome (up to 1 per month)
.....Field Trip (held quarterly up to 3 per quarter)
.....Assignment (up to 1 per month)[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]

In addition to the above possibilities, I have a Smart Publish Service that accumulates potential submissions
{All}
{Keyword}{ Contains}{@HCC}

{Keyword}{ Does Not Contain}{@Submitted}

Currently, I am manually moving images the have been published into {month/Year/category} folders out side of LR. I would entertain and ideas that will allow LR to do this for me automatically by testing internal keywords and other criteria to populate a HD Smart Publish Collection.

Well... it is "just" a matter of defining keywords that match the different competition categories and assigning them to photos. And then creating the corresponding smart collections/publish services. Or am I missing something?

Well... it is "just" a matter of defining keywords that match the different competition categories and assigning them to photos. And then creating the corresponding smart collections/publish services. Or am I missing something?
Yes, probably because I was not clear enough. The category structure in my original post needs to be translated into a Published folder structure and that structure repeated for each month. The next competition is May2013 and then June2013 etc. This is the part that I am currently doing by hand out side of LR. I would like to be able to look at an image in light room and determine that the image was submitted to the 'Nature' category in March, 2013.
Ideally, I should be able to empty the local published folders after the monthly competition has ended to free up HD space but maintain that organization in LR to recreate a derivative if needed.

Well, I'd still say hierarchical keywords. Especially if you want to remove the exported/published photos, then keywords are really the only way to identify your competition images?

Well, unfortunately my advice here would be to "Ask Cletus, he's always working on stuff like that." If John Beardsworth doesn't have any ideas either, I don't know what to tell you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back