• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Publish thousands of items to a website using collections

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConorM

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi All
I'm new here and have enjoyed reading some excellent advice in the threads, it's clear there are soem real experts here!
I have been using Lightroom for years and have many collections. I'd now like to use it to publish thousands of images that I have to show 10's of thousands of images of work on some very extensive projects. Is it possibel to do this and control it with collections in Lightroom? Is it possibel to make live updates?

I don;t want to use an Adobe website, this would have to be a closed loop on my own sites and I would like it to be astehtically decent.

I also have very extensive data in the images I want to share but I'd like to make it hidden when sharing these images i nitially.

As an overview the catalogue I have for this project has 100,000 images and I might concievably want to share 50,000 images accross 200+ collections nested within 20+ Collection sets.

It's an archive that I want to share but with some restrictions, for now.

As a relevant aside I am talking to someone about using the lightroom SQL to migrate what I have to custom database/website however I worry about leaving lightroom as it's animage based archive and the power editing we do up front is being added to daily so there would be a constant need to update, hence asking if I can use collections as a way to organise then publish witha push of a button within Lightroom

Many thanks for any tips!
Conor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back