• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

PS not showing correct image size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenon

Did you turn it off and on again?
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR 9 and PS 21
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I've never seen this before. I must have inadvertently changed something. I exported at 1024 on the long side and opened in PS. The image looks too small and it is at 100%. As you can see when I open it in Preview (left file) it looks correct. This on my iMac. Same OS and Adobe versions on my laptop and it looks normal.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2019-11-07-at-10.33.23-PM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2019-11-07-at-10.33.23-PM.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 223
If I increase the size in PS to 200% it looks correct

Attachments

• nre.jpg
    nre.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 202
Yes I just finished getting some info in that this morning. I often open an exported and downsized file in PS to see what the final results for web viewing will look like. I could use Preview but old habits.

Couple of things I found. You can manually zoom it to 200%. You can select 'get info" on the app itself and select "open in Low Resolution" so it does this all of the time. I think my favourite will be exporting twice the size I need, opening in PS, checking it out and either exporting half the size or just exporting the correct size from LR. I looks best at twice the size for detail. I know it will look different on other screens so I'm still experimenting.

Thanks for replying.

This is still frustrating and exporting at twice the size to view images is no fun and I'm not sure provides the results I need. Preview compensates but the results have jaggies just like zooming in PS to 200% have. Searches led me to this link. Apparently at one time you could set the UI scaling in preferences, interface but now it is greyed out. Also this link suggests to select Get Info on the PS app and select Open in Low Rez. That option is not there with PS2020 but I suspect it would show jaggies as well.

Based on the last post is this just a bug that has not been corrected yet? I have found another software for viewing but I would prefer to work with PS.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/phot...caling-for-photoshop-2018/td-p/9463446?page=1

According to that link UI scaling was available and now it isn’t. If so why was that change made?

I don't know, but that link also explains that Photoshop shows the correct image size. If the image size bothers you, then look at SwitchRes X, a ultility that allows many more screen resolution settings than MacOS. You could try using the same resolution as before, but without HiDPI.

I was aware that PS was showing it at the correct size. I should have been more clear. The bug I was referring to was the UI scaling being greyed out. Thanks fir the link, I'll check it out.

Actually on a whim I decided to open an exported Jpeg using Canon's DPP. It does a very good job at scaling to see what your image will look like on the web. It was right under my nose all this time. This will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back