• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

PS & LR on second drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikeit65

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have just bought a new workstation PC and will soon be installing a second hard drive into it, so what i would like to know is how do i go about getting all my photography things like PS & LR, Faststone viewer, Loupdeck, onto the second bigger faster drive? TIA

I have just bought a new workstation PC and will soon be installing a second hard drive into it, so what i would like to know is how do i go about getting all my photography things like PS & LR, Faststone viewer, Loupdeck, onto the second bigger faster drive? TIA

You probably want to leave the apps (LR, PS, FastStone) on the primary drive in the default location. This would also include the catalog file and Previews that default to a folder in the system folder “Pictures”.

This link will help you to move your master image files to an new disk drive.
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back