• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

PS cloud documents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Version Number
Cloud
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
  2. iOS
I know this isn't strictly a Lr question, but I'm trying to go all-in on Adobe cloud stuff so...

I see PS 2020 has Cloud Documents. These sync with Cloud Documents on the new iPad PhotoShop.

So, I'd like to move a bunch of my PSDs over to Cloud Documents, but can't see a way to do it? I suspect there is some converting to .psdc to be done.

Any ideas?

When you choose 'Save as' in Photoshop, you'll get a 'Save to cloud documents' button at the bottom of the normal 'Save as' dialog.

There is no cloud documents folder. There is a ‘Creative Cloud Files’ folder, but that is not the same as cloud documents. Perhaps you could record an action that can batch automate saving to cloud documents, but I haven’t tried that.

Thanks Johan.

Yes, it's not a desktop-mapped folder, but it is a location (that feels like an online folder). Ideally we could just drag files into that view in PS (as you can with Google Drive web view), or there could be an upload/convert button.

Looks like this isn't possible yet, but surely it will come? I expect Adobe imagine people moving towards having their files in that location so that they're editable on any platform (much like Lr Cloud)

Ideally we could just drag files into that view in PS (as you can with Google Drive web view), or there could be an upload/convert button.

The upload button already exists, it's just located at the bottom of the 'save as' dialog.

I habe the opposite problem. With PS on iPad I save a photo in cloud documents. I can see this photo with the Creative Cloud App.
BUT: I cannot load this photo in PS desktop version. In the start screen, the “cloud documents” tab is missing, only “LR photos “ is visible.
I remember to have seen it before the last updates of the three involved Adobe apps.
Anybody any idea to get this tab back?

greetings from Vienna
Franz

I also see no save as.. with the choice "Cloud" or "local".
Nobody said there was a choice between 'cloud' or 'local'. What I said was that there is a 'Save to cloud documents' button in the dialog.

1 2019-11-11 16-28-10.jpg

Thank you, but I found this "choice" in one of the articles in Adobe Support.
But anyway, I also cannot find this dialoge page you show in your reply (also not after an automatic update minutes ago, now PS 21.0.1).
My only idea: I am on Windows 7 SP1
When I click save as.., a Windows explorer like page opens with these options on the bottom.
On the Start Screen no sign of "Cloud"
It still looks like this:
Printas.jpg
Startscreeb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back