• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Propagation of new profiles to different devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

charleskinghorn

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom version: 4.0 X64 (Oct 7 2020)
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
It has been four days since I added some new profiles to Lightroom CC on my desktop. Some have appeared on my other devices; some have not. On the other hand, changes I have made to my presets have appeared on the other devices almost immediately. Is there a problem within Lightroom in this area, or must I do something on my other devices to make these profiles available on them?

You only see a raw profile if you selected a raw image. You only see a camera specific raw profile if you selected a raw image from that particular camera. Could that be the explanation?

Unfortunately, no. These are all profiles specific to infrared images taken by one IR-converted camera. The missing profiles include one dcp file under the heading Profiles and three xmp files under the heading User Profiles. Other dcp files for this camera are appearing in the Profiles section on all my devices. All profiles were installed on my desktop, and the missing profiles are missing on three other devices, a Surface tablet, an Android tablet, and an Android phone.

I tried something that had been in the back of my mind but contradicted what I expected of the Lightroom ecosystem. I imported the missing profiles on my Surface tablet, and the import was successful except for one dcp profile which was already there. Other profiles I had imported on one device had always appeared automatically on the others. Why not these? I am not going to worry about it and will attempt an import on my Android devices shortly.

I have successfully installed my new IR profiles on my two Android devices; so what should have been one installation and automatic propagation to three other devices became four separate Import Profiles operations. Am I missing something in my understanding of what should happen or is there something wrong in Lightroom?

Am I missing something in my understanding of what should happen or is there something wrong in Lightroom?

That sounds like a bug to me, but hopefully now you've uploaded them all, you won't run into it again. If you do, it would be worth reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back