• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Proofing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin Grant

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
Capture One has come up with a rather nice addition to image export where you can see a proof of the image prior to carrying out the physical export. Lr has proofing for print but is there a way to achieve it for file export?

Thanks

Not in Lr Classic, though Lr Desktop has had that feature for some time now.

Thanks Jim, never realised it was in "the other" Lr. Just checked it out and it is so useful I wonder why they have not introduced it to Classic. I really am starting to prefer desktop, or would were it not for the added cost overhead of space in the cloud.

After selecting the printer, ink, paper, profile, Etc. in the print module, if you then create click the button to create a proof copy in the Develop Module it s actually creates a special form of a VC which is used to house the proofing changes you make to the image. If you later want to see the proofed copy just look at the VC. If you want to export the image with the proofing changes, export the VC..

After selecting the printer, ink, paper, profile, Etc. in the print module, if you then create click the button to create a proof copy in the Develop Module it s actually creates a special form of a VC which is used to house the proofing changes you make to the image. If you later want to see the proofed copy just look at the VC. If you want to export the image with the proofing changes, export the VC..
But I am not seeing the proof of the jpeg or tiff I might want to export am I?

Yes you can. Once you have created the "Proof" VC, it can be viewed the same as any other image in LR inclding in the Loupe view of the Library module and in the Develop module. It can also be further adjusted in the Develop Module and you can provide metadata values that only apply to the VC

I never appreciated that was the same as viewing a proof of the tiff or the jpeg etc that its being output for the screen. If it is it seems rather cumbersome when compared to the approach adopted by C1 and indeed Cloudy. Or am I missing something obvious - often the case :)

I'm not going to debate ease of use issues as what is convenient for one person is cumbersome for another - it is a design choice by the developers and it is what it is and it's not likely to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back