• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Profile Corrections - Lens identification, curious behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteGB

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 8.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I hired a Sigma 150-600 Contemporary for a weekend and in the Develop Module checking 'Enable Profile Corrections' correctly identified the lens.

Happy with the hire I purchased a lens of my own. Now checking 'Enable Profile Corrections' tells me LR is 'Unable to locate a matching profile automatically'. As soon as I select Sigma as the Make it identifies the lens.

It's not a huge issue but I'm bugged that LR identified an older copy of the lens but not my new one. I'm not aware of anything I can do to help LR automatically identify the lens.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks

Pete

Select the lens pofile in the Lens Corrections panel, then go back up to the "Setup" box (just below the "Enable Profile Corrections" box), use the up/down arrows and click on "Save New Lens Profile Defaults". After that the profile should be automatically selected when you enable the lens profile corrections.

Last edited:
Jim's solution is perfect (as always). It might also be that there was a firmware update somewhere along the line that included the extra metadata LR needs to be able to perfectly identify the lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back