• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Problems Running Lightroom Classic Installation for new Creative Cloud user

MichaelPowney

Lightroom Version
Current Adobe Download
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Morning All

W10 v 21H1.

Finally took to plunge yesterday to upgrade from Lightroom 6.14.

Took out the two months free option that comes with Flickr.

I am unable to get the Creative Cloud Desktop or Lightroom Classic installer (or indeed any Adobe installer) to run on my PC.
When I click to run nothing happens and on the only error I see is "Failed : Insufficient Permissions"

My son & I have had a good look on the Adobe Forums and this does appear occasionally but after much Adobe support the only options left with the users seems to be either a new PC or a re-install of W10 - neither of which I want to do.

I have tried all the usual's like - reboot, create new W10 Admin User, run in compatibility mode etc.

Before I give up and stick with 6.14 can anybody on here save the day please ?

Thanks
Mike

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Try running the install from/as an administrator account.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Is there any kind of error number? Admin user was my first thought too.

MichaelPowney

Unfortunately Victoria all I see on the file I try to run is "Failed : Insufficient Permissions" - no other detail is shown. I strongly suspect I have some sort of Windows corruption which has been picked up during one of the many updates over the last few months .
I cannot install any Adobe software at all.. I run into the same issue for every product whether Creative Cloud or not.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I don't know if this is your exact problem, but the referenced site might help: