• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Problems Reinstalling 'Cloud Tagger' Plug-In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_DS256

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 9.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I had to perform a clean install of Windows 10 and all software. I'm back to where I was because of my photo and LR backups (Yea me!) but I am now having problems with finding and reinstalling Cloud Tagger. I can't find any restore directory with the load.

When I check Adobe Exchange, I see I have 'acquired' it and that it initially showed as 'Installed'. I tried a number of uninstall/install, stop/start LR but could seem to get it to install.

Exchange has a link for 'Install Issues' and how to use the ZXP with a 3rd party product to load it. I tried Anastasiy’s Extension Manager but it only listed PS and not LR.

I then found this page and tried the command line tool EXMANCMD. It accepted the install but the /list all show the following

$ exmancmd.exe /list all
0 extension installed for Photoshop 2020 64 (ver 21.1.0)
Status Extension Name Version
========= ======================================================= ==========
1 extension installed for Others
Status Extension Name Version
========= ======================================================= ==========
Enabled Cloud Tagger 1.0.4

I keep seeing references to Creative Cloud Desktop as a place to look for the extension but have not seen anything. It shows PS and LR are installed.

Based on what EXMANCMD and ANASTASIY is showing, I'm wondering if LR Classic is registered properly. I don't have LR 'cloudy' installed.

Any idea of how I can get this plug-in back?

Thanks

1. In Finder, navigate to /Users/you/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom and verify that the file cloudtagger.lrplugin is missing.

2. Verify you've enabled syncing and set the correct syncing options in the Creative Cloud app, as described in step 2 of this help article:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/installingextensionsandaddons.html
3. Sign in to exchange.adobe.com and click My Exchange in the upper-right corner to see a list of all the Creative Cloud extensions you've purchased.

4. Click the Uninstall button for Cloud Tagger:

1583982384505.png

5. Click the Install button for Cloud Tagger.

6. In Finder, navigate to /Users/you/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom and verify that the file cloudtagger.lrplugin is present.

7. Restart LR.

Note that the Sync Extensions button at the top of My Exchange doesn't seem to restore a missing cloudtagger.lrplugin file (at least for me).

In Finder
Thanks for the response but I'm running Windows and not MACos. As I said, I already looked for the plugin and couldn't find it. Just double checked.

step 2 of this help article:
That was the article I quoted in my original post. I had checked Sync to the best of my ability but the screen shots have changed. It was this article where I found the manual install that didn't work.

Click the Uninstall button for Cloud Tagger
Yup, did that several times and tried different combinations of exiting/restarting LR in between.

Note that the Sync Extensions button at the top of My Exchange doesn't seem to restore a missing cloudtagger.lrplugin
Yup, that's what my problem was as I stated and while I tried the manual install of the ZXP that I downloaded from Exchange. The manual install didn't work.

Never mind. It's appeared this morning. I checked my overnight backup of pictures and LR files and found "C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules\cloudtagger.lrplugin" listed. Opened LR and it was there but shows the file appeared later than I was working on it.

Weird.

Glad you got it resolved. The Uninstall/Install method has usually worked for me and others, and perhaps the Creative Cloud app was just "slow".

In general, though, Adobe has never made the Exchange work very well for Lightroom plugins, and most plugin developers avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back