• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Problem with PS CC 2020 Healing Brush Tool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Ballard

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LrC v9.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
After the recent upgrades, the healing brush in PS is leaving black circles when applied to a selected area of an image. Tool reset isn't working, nor are changes to settings, etc. The only 'fix' I've found is to constantly close PS, then reopen it.

Anyone else seeing this? Or, have a fix??

No, I am not seeing this. Make sure you uncheck ‘Legacy compositing’ in Preferences - Performance. If that doesn’t solve it then try different GPU settings in the same tab.

No, I am not seeing this. Make sure you uncheck ‘Legacy compositing’ in Preferences - Performance. If that doesn’t solve it then try different GPU settings in the same tab.

The 'Legacy Compositing' box is unchecked. I'll look at the other settings. Thanks!

Having finished yesterday's projects, I haven't had a chance to get back into PS yet to fiddle with settings, etc.

However, I see that Adobe released an update for PS overnight which was said to include 'bug-fixes,' so (hopefully) this issue is one which was addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back