• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Problem with Lightroom Classic import function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Driffert

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Operating System:Windows 10

Lightroom Version: Classic
Nikon NEF files

Question or Description of Problem:
Installed Classic last night. Everything went well and Classic was much faster. No problems at all. Today I tried to import new photos into Lightroom, all files imported (very few made it) were corrupt and it hung up. I tried again and it is moving very slow and seems hung up. Prior to classic my imports were very fast. I tried using the embed option and still is slow and some files corrupt. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:
Operating System:Windows 10

Lightroom Version: Classic
Nikon NEF files

Question or Description of Problem:
The first time that I tried to import new photos into Lightroom, all files imported (very few made it) were corrupt and it hung up. I tried again and it is moving very slow and seems hung up. Prior to classic my imports were very fast. I tried using the embed option and still is slow and some files corrupt. Anyone else having this problem?

Seems that as each embedded file is converted to standard, it becomes corruped. Also some of the embedded files are also corrupted and the import is still struggling after 20 minutes (only trying to import 80 NEF files). Before Classic, this would take less than 2 minutes

OK. I deleted all imported files again, rebooted my computer, re-imported all 80 NEF files using minimal. This time all files imported fairly quickly with no corruption. Evidently the rebooting of my computer fixed the issue.

That still seems odd though. It will be interesting to see if it crops up again.

Thinking back, I installed Classic late at night and probably didn’t reboot my computer afterwards. That is probably the reason Classic screwed up the next day when I imported those photos but I will let you know if it does happen again.

Keep an eye on things, corruption during import could be a sign of a hardware issue somewhere in the import pipeline.

I imported 528 jpgs and .raf RAW files from a shoot into LR Classic taken with my Fuji X-T2. The card I used is a Lexar 1000 64GB SD card. After importing, files are showing up in the Previous Import folder that were taken in 2010 along with files from the card. There are 49 files that had previously been imported, most of which are from a shoot in 2010, but several images, which are stored in different folders also appear. They are in the same catalog in which I imported the new files, but again reside in separate folders on my hard drive.

I also noticed something else very odd. When I look at the Metadata for a 2010 file, it shows the file name, a RAW file shot on a Canon 1D Mark IV, but the capture time, date and camera details are for the Fuji X-T2.
Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 12.43.33 PM.png

Better yet, while all of the files I imported are in the import folder I chose on my hard drive, several of them are not in the Previous Import folder. The Previous Import folder shows a count of 348 images. Under the Folders tab, in the folder where the files were imported has a count of 458, while the folder in the Finder that they were copied to show 528 files.

I first noticed this same phenomenon on a previous import. When I tried to Import missing images from the folder in which the original import was copied to by Adding them rather than Copying them, I received a message that the files are already in the Catalog, even though they do not show up.

I've already done the following with no change:

Restarted the computer
Restarted LR
Closed and Re-opened the Catalog

Any thoughts??

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back