• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Problem with international characters in filenames

Status
Not open for further replies.

erro

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
So I just installed LR mobile, and it works great. But... I'm having trouble with my swedish characters. We have for example the letter a with two dots on top (ä), the letter a with a ring on top (å) and the letter o with two dots (ö). They all work fine when renaming files in LR desktop. But when the photos are synced over to the iPad those special characters are replaced by some jibberish characters, and they all start with the square root sign. I've googled but haven't found anything about this. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Bug it!

And where would the official bug-reporting page be? Yes, I'm lazy I know.

On the menubar above

Ok, I posted a bug report. But... "Community powered support"? Is that really the official bug reporting site?

Ok, I posted a bug report. But... "Community powered support"? Is that really the official bug reporting site?
It is for the "community". I think there is a working issues list that is maintained from this and other sources.

Yep, that's the official spot. There's an internal bug report system which verified bugs are copied into (and staff do follow that bug forum to find them), but the public bug forum means that people can also vote on bugs and features and also discuss workarounds. For example, if a bug is found and they figure out a solution, they can post it on the bug thread so that people can solve it for themselves while waiting on the next official release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back