• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Problem with info.lua files??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katemac

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version Number
LR CC3.11 (on iPhone) LRClassicCC 7.4 (Mac)
Operating System
I wasn’t sure which forum (LRCC or LR Classic) to post this query on as it involves using both apps in my import workflow. I am having trouble with info.lua files populating my folders within LR. I import my iPhone photos via LRCC app to the cloud and then they sync with LR Classic. Once in classic I move my iPhone photos into my normal organization system and out of the import folder. But what remains in the original import folder is this info.lua file. So it looks like those folders are empty within the LR hierarchy (they say 0 files in there). Usually I would tell LR to remove that folder from within the catalog and everything would be fine. But since that info.lua file is in each of the date folders they are not deleted on my hard drives. I went and saw all the folders (with the original dates from import) that each have one info.lua file within them. This is making a mess of my folder system. Help! I never had this before. I am using LR Classic CC 7.4, LR CC 3.11, Mac Sierra 10.12.6
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attachments

• 2BB74876-6B89-4B82-B289-9343EA73250C.png
    2BB74876-6B89-4B82-B289-9343EA73250C.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 436
  • 492E6CCB-0A7B-4D86-89C8-97E2428EC744.png
    492E6CCB-0A7B-4D86-89C8-97E2428EC744.png
    158 KB · Views: 426
Yes, it is messy. Classic's Sync adds them automatically, and it really should delete them when you remove a folder which hasn't any images in it. You can safely delete those files and the folders, but you have to do so in Explorer/Finder.

John

Thanks John. At least now I know I can delete away. I was afraid to do that as I thought maybe it’s how my iPhone knows to not reimport photos from my phone once they are imported. But glad to know this isn’t the case.

I find this issue such a time-waster that I wrote this script. Select the folders in Folders panel, run the script and it deletes any info.lua files. You can then delete the folders in LR normally, which then means they're gone in Finder/Explorer too.

John

Code:
--[[
Copies smart collections to dumb ones

SETUP INSTRUCTIONS

Open the file in TextEdit and change the value myNewPrefix below
Temporarily save this file onto your desktop and call it "YOURFILENAME.lua".

Now you need to create a scripts folder:
    In Lightroom, choose Lightroom > Preferences (Mac OS) or Edit > Preferences (Windows).
    Choose the Preset tab and select Show Lightroom Presets folder.
    Create a folder in the Lightroom folder called Scripts.
    Copy the "YOURFILENAME.lua" script into the Scripts folder.
    Quit and reopen Lightroom. 
You should now see a little scripts menu to the right of the Help menu. It has a single item Title case keywords.
--]]

if MAC_ENV then SEP = '/' else SEP = '\\' end

--[[
Don't change anything after here
--]]
LrView = import 'LrView'
LrDialogs = import 'LrDialogs'
LrApplication = import 'LrApplication'
catalog = LrApplication.activeCatalog()
LrTasks = import 'LrTasks'
LrFileUtils = import 'LrFileUtils'
LrFunctionContext = import 'LrFunctionContext'

if LrApplication.versionTable()['major'] <5 then
    LrDialogs.message( "Oops - must be run in Lr5 or later" , "collection:getSearchDescription() is a feature introduced in Lr5")
    else

LrTasks.startAsyncTask( function()    
    catalog:withWriteAccessDo( "Duplicate smart collections", function()
        folder = catalog:getActiveSources( )
        for i, folder in ipairs(folder) do                
            if folder:getPath() ~= nil then
            path = folder:getPath() .. SEP .. 'info.lua'            
            if LrFileUtils.exists(path) == 'file' then
                LrFileUtils.delete( path )
                end
            end
        end
        LrDialogs.showBezel( "Now try deleting the folders in Lr")
    end)
    end)
end

Thank you John. I'll give this a look when I'm home later this evening and see if I can get it to work. I appreciate your time in doing this.

The script was in fact written a while ago for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back