• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Problem using Smugmug plug-in with Lr5

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilGF

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Anybody having problems publishing to Smugmug with their plug-in.

Been trying since last night, I have contacted them, waiting for a reply.

It just hangs on updating, after about 20 minutes I get the attached image.
Capture-Lr5.JPG

i just noticed that when checking for updates on mine it falsely says I have the latest update. newest version is 2.0.1.6 which supports the new Smugmug recently rolled out. i had version 1.0.6.8 and assumed it was accurate telling me i had the latest version. might want to double check what you got?
[h=4][/h]

I have the same old version too.

Here's the response from Smugmug:

Thank you for contacting SmugMug support.

We have had several updates to the LR plugin over the last few days.
Please get the latest version here http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/121321

Two words of caution:
1) Be sure to backup your Catalog as you would before applying any update.
2) While the new plugin updates your catalog, the progress meter will not progress.
Rest assured it's working, and just needs some time.

Install it and restart LR.

i just noticed that when checking for updates on mine it falsely says I have the latest update. newest version is 2.0.1.6 which supports the new Smugmug recently rolled out. i had version 1.0.6.8 and assumed it was accurate telling me i had the latest version. might want to double check what you got?

I've tried installing both J Friedl's Smugmug plugin and Smugmug's own plugin and had the message that the catalogue needed to be updated in both cases. This message made me nervous and I did nothing. Updating is usual is it?

Acting on your warning to back up the Lr catalogue and bearing in mind your other caveats I should be able to proceed then. Is one plugin better than the other? The Smugmug one seems to support syncing. That's enough to give me sleepless nights.

Thanks

Kenneth

Yes, Updating is SOP. The catalog is a database. Records specific to the plugin need to to stored andupdating the database to accommodate the plugin is the only way to provide the necessary record keeping so that your plugin can manage its activity at the Web service.

Thanks for that info. I was thinking that if both plugins produced the same response it would probably be ok but I have been caught out before using that logic!

Having trouble also. I used the link here to get the latest and that seemed to work but after a period of time I get the message that x amount of files (all) could not be uploaded. Wondering if anyone else has the issue.

Hi JWStan, welcome to the forum! Drop SmugMug a line - they've been putting out multiple updates to their plug-in to solve issues like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back