Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Lightroom Version
Lightroom version: 6.14
Operating System
Windows 7
Hello - I wonder if anyone can please help with this problem. I went to publish a couple of pictures to Instagram this evening, using the built in L/R Instagram tool and I get an error message - this is the first time I have ever had this issue:

? : 0 : attempt to index field 'media' (a nil value) (2)

Can anyone give me a clue what the problem is, and how I can fix it ?

Thank you very much for any help.
Regards Kelvin

clee01l

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
It is likely related to one or more plugins (It might not be the Instagram plugin) disable all plugins and re unable them one by one If you find a culprit, look for an update version of the plugin to install

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Recently i had a similar issue with LRinstagram plugin. The error was ?:0: attempt to concatenate field 'code' (a nil value) (1)
The images was published however but LR did not set the image as published. At the next publish action this image was published again.
When i upgraded from Classic 7.3 to 7.4 it did not occur again.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Thanks for your replies , Cletus & Roelof.

I tried the advice to disable/re-enable the plugins and I also tried downloading the latest LRinstagram plugin, but unfortunately none of those ideas worked, so I then did some more Googling. (which maybe I should have done first) :)

It seems that Facebook (who own Instagram) have recently blocked uploads from desktop applications and now only mobile apps can upload.
There is a thread on an Adobe forum here
That's a real shame, as the workflow from Lightroom to Instagram suited me well

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
It seems that Facebook (who own Instagram) have recently blocked uploads from desktop applications and now only mobile apps can upload.
There is a thread on an Adobe forum here
That's a real shame, as the workflow from Lightroom to Instagram suited me well
Yes, the Facebook uploads have changed but i don't see a causality with Instagram. My upload workflow via LRinstagram is working without problems this moment.