Problem Seeing Photos on Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkiemom

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I'm going to use this photo shot as an example... I see under OS that it is showing User/Norma/Desktop and 107 pictures showing up. I don't have any of these on my desktop. But...each of these photos in in LR in different folders. The picture shown is actually in a folder called Allen 2002-2006. And all the other photos also are in their own respective folders. I see there is a question mark on each meaning the original photo could not be found. Does that mean I have these photos in LR but they aren't actually in the actual library folder. When I ask LR to find the photo, it brings me to my F (external drive) drive which is just a backup. I thought it would direct me to my pictures folder under LR on my G drive. I'm just not sure why these particular photos are giving me a problem and showing up on the desktop.

All these photos are in folders in LR but they are also showing up on the desktop (above). I can't delete because I think it would delete the ones that are in the right folders.

I hope someone understands my rambling.

Capture_zps7606e126.png

Last edited:
Norma, the ? is indicating that Lightroom can't find the file where it expects to find it -- in this case, it expects to find it in Users\Norma\Desktop, but as you've noted, it's not there.

To tell Lightroom about its new location, click the ? and navigate to the new location. If the other 106 are all also in the same new location, it'll automagically find them too.

...or if you're *absolutely positive* it's already in the Catalog (and the associated folder Allen 2002-2006) then, just hit Delete and 'Remove' it (and each of the remaining 106) from the Catalog. Remove will only remove that particular instance of the photo from the catalog. It won't delete anything from the disk. Nor will it affect the version in Allen's folder.

Thanks so much guys! I was so afraid that if I deleted, it would delete in the spot where it resides and it didn't. So I'm a happy camper now!

Have to say again, everyone on this site is so helpful and professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back