• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Problem moving files within LR Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColMac9090

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I've noticed a problem moving files within LR Classic recently.

If I select a batch of files to move, then it seems as if approx 1/3rd of them move at the sort of speed I'd expect. The remaining files then seem to sit in suspense, and nothing happens.

In the current case I selected 196 files (all the files in a folder) and moved them to the adjacent folder. Both folders are on my internal D Drive (which stores locally, and syncs with OneDrive (but I turned of syncing). I'm pretty sure that none of these files are synced to LR Mobile - but again I turned of syncing.

After a short time, 57 files had moved. The remaining 139 have not moved since then. The progress bar is approx 1/3rd completed.

It is now 62 minutes since the last file moved, and the remaining files have not moved at all.

Task manager shows 30% CPU (of which 2% max is LR). 40% Memory (Mostly LR), and 0% for disk, network and GPU.

Before this transfer, I used Creative Cloud to uninstall then re-install LR.

This seems to be happening consistently. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

• LR.jpg
    LR.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 147
It is now 2 hours and still no more files have moved. The PC is working fine, it has not hung. I just opened Photoshop quite happily.

LR is also letting me do other work. I just opened an image in Develop mode and made adjustments

This can happen and uninstalling Lr won’t fix it
Right click on folder with your pictures reveal in explorer
Once in folder select all select copy Carl c
Go to folder you want them in paste
Now. Go back to Lr cancel move click x might take some time to end
Now go in Lr to folder your images were orig in right click select update folder location and select folder you pasted to click ok
Now you need to make sure all are there once confirmed you can delete orig folder

normally a preference issue but a known bug in Lr since version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back