• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Problem logging in to the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesternGuy

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I posted a message this afternoon and received some valuable replies. When I returned this evening to thank the posters, it appeared that I was logged in as I was recognized by the "Welcome line" at the top - "Hi Western Guy, welcome back!" - yet when I tried to post a thank you I was told I had to log in. So I went to the "login here" hot button that took me to the page showing all the available places to go. I clicked on the "Forum" button and was taken back to the page that told me I had to log in. After going around in circles a couple of times, I finally figured out that I actually had to "Logout" in order to login again. Can some one explain to me why this is necessary, or is there another route I have to follow.

WesternGuy

We made some changes around the end of 2020, that could have caused it (ones needed to log out and back in)

It should be fine now, drop us an email if the problem persists of course and we can investigate further.

Out of interest, which browser are you using? There's a Prevent Cross Site Cookies setting in Preferences for some, which could potentially block the forum cookie from being created when you log into the main site.

Thanks @WesternGuy, let us know if it happens again and we'll investigate further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back