• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Problem importing video

Status
Not open for further replies.

tape

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Operating System: Hight Sierra 10.13.2
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Lightroom Classic 7.1
Had the worst experience today. After taking a number of shots (stills + videos) with my iphone, I export them from Photos and then import into LR. I really like the way LR puts each item into a folder with the day's date, as this is how I catalog my photos. Today, however, LR would not import 4 videos that had been exported to my desktop. When I chose to import, I would see the error window telling me that I was unable to import. I had never had this problem before. I checked LR pref and tried to purge video cache (in case that would help) All that did was freeze LR. Repeated restarts (both LR and my iMac) seemed to do nothing to help. After one attempt at importing, I found that the videos would not even show in the import window, only to find them in the eventual folder thru the finder, even though no competed import had occurred. I tried to sync. the folder, but to no avail. I also discovered ½ doz photos there that also did not synchronize, even though the window stated a few pics needed to be added to the folder. Not until I changed the name of the un-importable files, did I find everything work as it should. Confused and concerned as LR is my main photo management app as well as editing tool. Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back