Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Light room 5.7.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I purchased a new Canon 80D early this year and took it on a trip to Morocco a couple weeks ago to take some photos while I was there. Previously, when taking pictures, I took a raw images and a jpegs at the same time on my previous camera, but for this trip, to save memory and take more photos, I just used raw format.

I have Light room 5 and last night I attempted to down load or import my images into the program on my terminal. My first clue that a problem was coming during the down load was that I was not able to see any previews in Light room. I got the following error message, “Some import operations were not performed, the files are not recognized by the raw format support in Lightroom” along with icons which presumably are my photos on the memory card, but I can’t view them. I thought that maybe my Light room software was out of date, so I clicked on the update part of the error message. Once the Light room software was updated, I tried to import my photos again from the memory card and got the same error message. The other part of the message asks if I would like to save the error message and the format it saves is as a text message, so no help there.

I tried going to Adobe to see if there are any FAQ’s or support for Light room 5 and I discovered that they no longer provide support and the FAQ’s are not helpful.

Going on line, I found that others had a similar problem, but with different camera makes and some suggested converting the images to DNG format as you import them. So I tried this and got the same error message yet again.

I’m beginning to wonder if maybe purchasing a new camera wasn’t such a great idea as the Light room software clearly hasn’t caught up technology wise or maybe it has and I have to purchase new software? (sure hope not)

Is there anything you can suggest to help me with my problem?

You need the latest version of Adobe's DNG converter to create DNGs from your 80D CR2 You can down load it here: Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Hi Cletus,

Thank you very much for your post and the down load link as you're a life saver indeed. I read through the Adobe web page, downloaded Adobe's DNG converter, saved my images on the desk top as DNG files and then imported them to light room :) Now I have to work on my photos from my vacation that all my friends and family want to see :)

Thanks again,
Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back