Not open for further replies.

f-stop19

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 4
Operating System
  1. Other (please note in thread)
Greetings Lightroom Community, I hope you can help me with a possible problem. I recently upgraded from a Nikon D300 to a Nikon D750. I never had issues uploading images from the D300's CF card. The D750 uses a SDHC card, the use of which is new to me. The other day I tried to upload approximately 270 images to Lightroom 4 using a Lexar dual-slot USB 2.0 RW035 card reader. Lightoom recognized the source (D750) and all of the checked boxes appeared, but there were no images to view in the boxes. Now I have no idea what to do. Do I need an updated card reader (this one's pretty old), is there something wrong with the SD card (Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 GB, first time used), can I just hit "import" and everything will take care of itself and all will be well, or is it something else? I have no clue how to proceed. If you can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. Please don't get too technical, simple explanations will be fine. Thank you in advance. I'll check for any kind of response in the next day or so. By the way, my operating system is macOS X 10.9.5. My email address is [email protected].

First that that I note is that your Lightroom Version is quite old and your camera model was developed after updates stopped for LR 4. That means that you can not read RAW HEF files directly in the version of LR that you hav e (You need at least LR5.7). You can shoot JPEGs. and Lightroom will import these just fine. Or you can use the latest LR DNG converter to convert your D750 NEFs to DNG. The second thing is the card reader. You need a card reader that support the SDHC format. Once you have that any file on the card can be copied to the HDD. JPEGs can be imported directly from the SDHC card into LR and D750 NEF can be converted to DNG before importing.
If your hardware can support it, you should update the OS to the latest 64bit operating system. Once you do that you can purchase the last perpetual license version of LR (LR6.14). This will let you import the D750 NRFs directly with out converting

Mr. Lee, I apologize for not responding sooner. Your advice was spot on. There were a number of hiccups during my efforts to upgrade my OS and my version of Lightroom. Then there was the delay of waiting for my updated card reader to arrive. Once everything was in place, my problems were solved. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back