• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

problem adjusting panel font size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rae S

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Is this a bug in the program or just my problem - the small and medium font sizes from the dropdown menu in preferences|interface|panels resulted in the identical (but too small) font size. The medium (150%) selection result was too big, but now, when trying to go back to a smaller font, the 'restart Lightroom' button was no longer displayed and it was impossible to change the font size using the LR preferences menu.

I was able to get the medium (125%) font size by editing the Lightroom Classic CC 7 Preferences.agprefs file directly and manually setting the panel font size to 125%; i.e., - setting AgPanel_baseFontSize = "scale125".

It appears that (first bug) the medium 125 font size does not work from preferences menu and (second bug) that with a font size of 150 (maybe also larger fonts) the preferences menu does not display a 'Restart Lightroom' button thereby making it impossible to make any further changes to the interface preferences.

Correction - typo error - should state 'large (150%)' font rather than medium (150%)'.
Also, the reason the Restart button doesn't not appear with larger font sizes is that the preferences pop-up window runs off the bottom of the monitor and the lower portion containing the restart button cannot be displayed or reached to make the change.

In general, LR's scaling of its user interface on Windows leaves a lot to be desired, with lots of glitches that have long been reported but not fixed, and many have asked for more intermediate font sizes.

with a font size of 150 (maybe also larger fonts) the preferences menu does not display a 'Restart Lightroom' button thereby making it impossible to make any further changes to the interface preferences.
After changing Preferences > Interface > Font Size, type Return -- that will invoke the OK button, saving your changes. Then exit LR and restart it.

Thank you John. So I won't hold my breath for Adobe to do anything. I have found that some finer scaling adjustments are possible between 'scale150' and 'scale100'. Trial and error has led m to 'scale120' on y laptop - I haven't fond the need to change anything for the larger desktop displays - and I hope that I can just leave it alone now. Thanks for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back