• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

printing without constrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imagiz

I am trying to make a 17 x 22 borderless portrait print on my Epson 38'' and using 17 x 22 inch paper. In the page set up I am choosing US C 17 x 22 for the paprer size. Lightroom2 will not expand to those dimentsions. In the right panel, the cell size indicates 21.75 for the height and 16.75 for the width. However, the view in the picture work area shows the width to be only 14.5 inches. The height appears to be correct. I am assuming this is because Lightroom is trying to maintain proportions. Can anyone tell me how to avoid this and produce my 17 x 22 borderless print? Thanks

Larry
Vermont

Larry, you'll need to go into the printer setup (probably under Page Setup for Epson) to change to a borderless setting for a start, and that will allow you to change the margins to ' in Lightroom, and then in the Image Settings panel in LR you can click the 'zoom to fill' to fill the whole aperture or you can crop to a 17x22 ratio in Develop and it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back