• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Printing through LR Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillieMercer

Billie
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
v.4.3.2 55A26D
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. iOS
I have a new Apple iPad Air. I bought it to travel with but planned to continue to use LR Classic for my work. Since I returned I have d/led my the scandisk cards to my regular folder orders in LR Classic on a Windows 10 desktop. However, while traveling I used LR mobile and did process some images with LR mobile and with iOS apps. Now I want to import about 25 images into LR Classic and print through the print module to an Epson 3880 printer. I have not figured out a way to sync LR mobile with LR classic and I would rather keep them separate. So is there a way to take these edits and load them to a flash drive or dropbox and then import them to my Windows Desktop LR classic?

I see that you are running an ancient version of Lightroom Classic It does not communicate with the Adobe cloud so It will not sync with Lightroom v4. To sync, you need a Subscription version of Lightroom Classic . Then your Lightroom CC app data will sync to the Adobe cloud and that can be sync'd with Lightroom Classic v8.X

You can import the images from the iPad just like you would any other camera card device. You will need the appropriate cable. I'm not sure if you can esport a Lightroom Mobile edited version to your camera Roll where it might be imported into LR4.

So is there a way to take these edits and load them to a flash drive or dropbox and then import them to my Windows Desktop LR classic?

Not without the current version of Classic and utilizing the cloud capabilities. You can't 'take' the edits from the iPad with the raw images.

You could of course output copies of the edited photos (email perhaps) and Import to the desktop, but they would be JPG then not raw and the edits would be baked-in.

Guys, that version number quoted in the OP is the LrMobile app, not Classic.

Guys, that version number quoted in the OP is the LrMobile app, not Classic.
Thank you, Jim for realizing that the version
Not without the current version of Classic and utilizing the cloud capabilities. You can't 'take' the edits from the iPad with the raw images.

You could of course output copies of the edited photos (email perhaps) and Import to the desktop, but they would be JPG then not raw and the edits would be baked-in.

was for LR, not LR Classic. I am using a subscription to CC and all of my apps are up-to-date.

Paul, All I want is a few “baked-in” images imported to LR Classic so that I can print from it. Full sized jpg would be fine. I have d/led the original RAW files into LR Classic so if I wanted to I could develop the same file in LR Classic although I doubt I could replicate a few of the images that I made while stumbling around in mobile apps.

I’m not ready to give up LR Classic and it’s folder based system, the ability to print through the elegant print module, ability to use the book module, etc. It just fits my needs. I only want to use LR while traveling.

I have a new Apple iPad Air. I bought it to travel with but planned to continue to use LR Classic for my work. Since I returned I have d/led my the scandisk cards to my regular folder orders in LR Classic on a Windows 10 desktop. However, while traveling I used LR mobile and did process some images with LR mobile and with iOS apps. Now I want to import about 25 images into LR Classic and print through the print module to an Epson 3880 printer. I have not figured out a way to sync LR mobile with LR classic and I would rather keep them separate. So is there a way to take these edits and load them to a flash drive or dropbox and then import them to my Windows Desktop LR classic?
You can sync Lightroom Mobile with Lightroom Classic by enabling sync in Lightroom Classic. All the Lightroom Mobile images will be downloaded to Lightroom Classic in that case, as originals + settings. There is no selective sync however. You cannot only sync those images from Lightroom Mobile you want to print, and not the other images.

Thanks Jim for catching that mobile app version versus Classic version. It does make a difference in the response which Johan has covered. I don't use Lightroom on mobile devices often enough to be aware of the version numbers and I don't pay attention to the version, I simply update when a new one is available.

Let me ask this a different way.
How do you print through LR Cloud on the desktop?
I have "Lightroom CC, Edit Like a Pro and the term print is not in the index.
Billie

Billie
Lightroom Cloud can’t print (yet).

Another reason to stay with Lightroom Classic! Thank you Johan. Is it anticipated at some point that at some point LR Cloud will be able to print?

I did find that in LR Cloud on the Windows 10 desktop, I could save an image to a folder and then import it to LR Classic Catalog so that I could print it through the print module, PROVIDED it was a jpg and not the Raw file because LR Classic would see the Raw files as already in the catalog.

Is it anticipated at some point that at some point LR Cloud will be able to print?
Your guess is as good as mine. Nobody can tell you that. People either don't know, or they do know but are not at liberty to tell you.

Billie
Hi Billie
So, answers above are of course correct and no, you can't print from Cloud at this point. So, save to Desktop (high res JPG) then print from there.

There is one way, if you have an network/AirPrint printer. The iOS app can do basic print through the basic iOS print options. That's hiding under the Share button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back