• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Printing from LR4 to Epson 3800 colors dull/off, but from CS3 perfect

fongfoto

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I'm new to the forum, and thought that I understood color calibration but am flustered with my current printing output.

Coming from using a Dell with WinXP and LR2, and had perfect screen to prints process with Epson 3800. In past 6 months, upgraded to LR4 on my wife's 24"iMAC and now my prints are close but dull and with light yellow/green tint.

iMac is calibrated with i1Display2 using Color-Eyes Display, luminance 100, white point is native, 2.2 gamma.
Downloaded new drivers and profiles for Epson printer 3800 for Mac OS 10.8.
Have set up with LR4 to manage colors, and use correct paper profile icc, PSPP
Prints come out with yellowish dull colorcast.

When I open PS CS3, and print an exported jpeg in sRGB from same file, and use the same process of letting CS3 manage color and pick the same paper icc profile, prints come out perfect.

When i soft-proof in LR4, and choose printer's paper profile, I can see the yellowish color cast just as it prints.
When I soft-proof in CS3 on same iMAC, and choose printer's paper profile, I can similarly see the yellowish color cast, but it prints 'perfect'

Here are some recent posts that I've read that just make me more confused:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4968263
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4268837?start=0&tstart=0
http://www.keptlight.com/2012/03/lr4-print-issues-part-2/

Can anyone help me make sense of all this? Thanks in advance...

Brad Snyder

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate

Shack

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi,
Just wondering if the thread starter ever got his problem solved? I´m having just the same problem with LR5 and OS X 10.9 and it is driving me mad.

Shack