• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Printing from LR questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJohnston

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hey all, I've been using LR for years and consider myself an expert user. However, I am new to printing. I just bought a Canon Pixma Pro 10 and am raring to go to town with it, unfortunately I haven't the foggiest idea of how to proceed. I downloaded and installed the drivers from Canon, set up the printer via ethernet cable, and it seems good to go. My Mac (2012 iMac/Mojave 10.14.6/32 GB RAM) recognizes the printer and I am able to print from LR print module. Based on my test print, I need to tweak a few things, but.....

NONE of the options people mention on the various tutorials I've watched are apparent. I can't see options for any Canon paper products or icc profiles in the template browser or any of the tabs on the right. If I click page setup or print settings on the lower left, I can see the printer listed as the printer, but every option available seems very generic. Also, when I go to plug-in extras and select Canon Print Studio Pro, the app claims I have no printer connected. See the attached screenshots.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 1.37.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 1.37.49 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 200
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 1.38.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 1.38.11 PM.png
    842.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 1.39.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 1.39.50 PM.png
    521.4 KB · Views: 192
Make sure you have installed the Canon printer drivers, and selected these in the setup in System Preferences - Printers. Do not let your Mac do this automatically. It looks like your Mac is using the much more limited Apple Airprint drivers. I don't have your printer so I can't be more specific, but I have seen reports about this from people with Epson printers too.

Make sure you have installed the Canon printer drivers, and selected these in the setup in System Preferences - Printers. Do not let your Mac do this automatically. It looks like your Mac is using the much more limited Apple Airprint drivers. I don't have your printer so I can't be more specific, but I have seen reports about this from people with Epson printers too.
Thanks for your response. First thing I did was download and install the drivers from the Canon website, following the automatic prompts from the installer app. Not sure if I did anything wrong, but I've been a Mac user since 2000 and have done this hundreds if not thousands of times.....

From the System Preferences, Printers & Scanners delete and then add your new printer using the minus "-" and plus '+" at the bottom of the list. When you add it back make sure that you do not select the "AirPrint" option in the "Use " pull down menu but you should see Canon printer driver in that list.

Here is an example for my Epson p600

1578407377311.png

From the System Preferences, Printers & Scanners delete and then add your new printer using the minus "-" and plus '+" at the bottom of the list. When you add it back make sure that you do not select the "AirPrint" option in the "Use " pull down menu but you should see Canon printer driver in that list.

Here is an example for my Epson p600

View attachment 13735
Thank you for your help! Now there's more options for Canon paper to chose from. I see other options as well, like for Hakagi paper, but they're all greyed out. I'm guessing here I need to download and install profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back