• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Printer ICC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajz

aj
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Not sure this is an appropriate subject for the LR Queen site - but....please forgive if not.

I am upgrading to an Epson P900 from my early P800.... I have a number of ICC profiles for the P800 for my favorite papers -i.e. Epson, Canson and Ilford.

However, I see Ilford is no longer providing ICC profiles since they are no longer supplying paper. Can I use my current Ilford ICC's (on the P800) for the P900? I tend to think not as the inks sets, etc. are different between the P800 to the P900. And, therefore may have to use a substitute ICC.

thank you,

aj

I use RedRiver for a paper supplier. They provide one set of ICC profiles for each of their papers for all Epson Printers and one set of ICC profiles for all Canon printers. I expect your Ilford profiles are universal to Epson. A Test print will verify that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The inks are different and so the ICC profiles will be different. Try a test print for each paper with the p800 profiles but you may have better luck with icc profiles for the p900 for similar papers from another supplier. Or see if there are Ilford icc profiles for other Epson printers that use the same ink set. I have the Epson P5000 and sometimes use icc profiles for P7000, which uses the same ink set but is a 24" printer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The inks are different and so the ICC profiles will be different. Try a test print for each paper with the p800 profiles but you may have better luck with icc profiles for the p900 for similar papers from another supplier. Or see if there are Ilford icc profiles for other Epson printers that use the same ink set. I have the Epson P5000 and sometimes use icc profiles for P7000, which uses the same ink set but is a 24" printer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

They fact that one printer might use 4 colors and another 7 does not matter. The ICC profile describes an envelop of possible colors . Your printer will use the colors it has to print a pixel color defined by the ICC profile. More important to the printer is the paper characteristics. For example Matte paper absorbs ink so less will be needed. Glossy paper does not absorb as much so a different quantity will be needed.

I have three Canon printers. Each has a different number of ink color. Red River still provides only one ICC profile for a particular paper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see Ilford is no longer providing ICC profiles since they are no longer supplying paper.
Not sure which series paper you're using but Ilford ICC profiles are available for the Galerie and Omnijet Studio papers (attached capture is not full list). There is an ICC for each listed as Surecolor P700_P900 in the selection are at this link:
Printer Profiles & Paper Settings – Ilford | Premium Imaging Products

Use the link for View and Download Profiles at the end of the statements.

Edit: Question, where have you heard Ilford is no longer supplying papers? I know they changed some recently but haven't seen anything else, though there may be a tempory shortage with the supply chain issues. My favorite is Galerie Smooth Pearl though have begun testing Red River.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 4.42.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 4.42.39 PM.png
    438.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Not sure which series paper you're using but Ilford ICC profiles are available for the Galerie and Omnijet Studio papers (attached capture is not full list). There is an ICC for each listed as Surecolor P700_P900 in the selection are at this link:
Printer Profiles & Paper Settings – Ilford | Premium Imaging Products

Use the link for View and Download Profiles at the end of the statements.

Edit: Question, where have you heard Ilford is no longer supplying papers? I know they changed some recently but haven't seen anything else, though there may be a tempory shortage with the supply chain issues. My favorite is Galerie Smooth Pearl though have begun testing Red River.

I apologize. I meant only to say that IGFS - Ilford Gold Fiber Silk paper is no longer available. I still have boxes of the paper which I love to use.
I do have the Ilford ICC's for the P700-P900.

thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back