• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

print setting button missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonTB

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hello all!

I am a power user of Lightroom, and have it connected to my Epson Pro 1000 printer. I can print just fine from Photoshop, but do not have the print setting buttons showing in LR anywhere. Help?

thank you. Ive been there and the button isn't there either. Nor in the top menu when I hit print settings.
I just realised you use Lightroom CC, not Lightroom Classic CC. Lightroom CC does not have a print option (yet).

I get the same window when I go to the top panel and hit printer, and print settings, under FILE. Same thing when I hit PRINT on the upper right panel,. Thanks for your help!

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the problem. You said:

I do not have the print setting buttons showing in LR anywhere.

However, your screenshot does show the buttons, and I assume that you clicked on the Print Settings button to get that printer dialog shown in the screenshot. The screenshot does show that the printer is offline, however.

It is one of the few differences between Mac and Windows when using Lightroom.

Windows has one button - Mac has two. Corrected

Last edited:
Ok let me try to be more clear, sorry for th confusion. In Julianne Kost "print the perfect image" this is the dialog box I do not see anywhere.

Instead this is what I get, everywhere I hit the print setting button- and my printer was on when I took this screen shot.

I believe this is the screen I need to find, to be able to tell my machine and my printer what size, etc. I need to print.

The actual problem I'm having is a full 17x22 set for horizontal is printing something like 9x12 vertical in the center of the page out of Lightroom, but works just fine out of PS.

Is that more clear?Thanks for your help!

Alison

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 1.21.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 1.21.17 PM.png
    321.1 KB · Views: 318
This is not a Lightroom issue, it is an issue with the printer driver. That video shows another printer, and so the details of the printer driver dialog can be different. Having said that, I know that Canon has written a Lightroom plugin for this printer. I assume they did so for a reason, but as I do not have this printer, I can’t tell you whether the standard driver should work or not. Have a look at this page as well, because there seem to be some ussues with that plugin too: Print Studio Pro plug-in no longer works

Canon Printer Driver software does not provide this Print Setting etc from the drop down list. It need to be accessed elsewhere and at the moment my printer is offline and I can not get to the place that you want to go with my Canon printer. Page layout settings is available via the "Page Setup" Button in the left panel

This is not a Lightroom issue, it is an issue with the printer driver. That video shows another printer, and so the details of the printer driver dialog can be different.
This is true. Specifically: In the Mac Print dialog box, when that settings menu is open, I think the top four commands (above the line) are always present: Layout, Color Matching, Paper Handling, and Cover Page. Those appear for every printer, because they're supplied by macOS.

But below that line, the commands can vary depending on the brand and model of printer you use. What you see below the line for an Epson printer will be different for a Canon printer, and they're probably different for a laser printer vs an inkjet printer. This is because the commands below the line are not supplied by macOS, they're put there by the specific printer driver software you installed.

Since a Canon printer is being used, you should be referring to videos and tutorials about setting up a Canon Pro-1000 printer. Those will show the exact setup procedures that you need. Videos and screen shots about Epson printers will not show the settings you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back