• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Print output doesn't match Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Hayton

I have been having colour problems after upgrading to 2.1RC and now 2.1.
I thought that it was my profiles I was using so got a new set done and still no joy.
For a test I decided to go back to printing from CS3 and the old and new profiles print correctly. I think that somehthing must be wrong on the colour management side of things.
I am using an Epson 21''. I hadn't done any printing for quite some time as I was sending stuff to a lab but needed to do some personal stuff and have now found the problem.
I have reset the printing system and done all the tips from other posts. I am now at a loss as to what to do, I had been impressed until now.

I think I may have found a possible link to my problem. I didn't have the problem till I recently upgraded to Leopard so I think it might be a driver issue. I am going to see If I can get hold of a previous OS 1'.4.11 and see if it cures the problem.

I have just reset the system again and now the colours are identical from PS and LR so at least they match, although not correct colour. I will have to get some new profiles done by someone else and have another go.

I am going to invest in a printer profiler I think so that I can do my own custom profiles. I am thinking of getting the Colour Confidence profiler and hopefully that might sort the problem as I now have them printing the same from both CS and LR so I can only guess that it is the profiles.

I knew there were problems but I thought the 21''/22'' were not affected.

Will let you know how the profiling goes.

Thought I would just update everyone. I have just purchased a printer profiler and created new profiles for the papers that I use and the results are outstanding. The supplied profiles were miles out now with Leopard but were pretty close with 1'.4.11 so I guess something had changed.
Anyway now that I have created my own profiles everything is working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back