Not open for further replies.

herb

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Due to space problems, I am using a Macbook with LR6.14 on it in my photo darkroom, over 100 ft from my big mac desktop. I thus only have what is on the computer, and no internet.
This has worked moderately well for over a year, but today, when I went to print some jpegs, the print command's right hand command side went dark and I can't print. I have re started it
a few times, but to no avail. I get the left hand commands, which specify print format etc, but cannot tell the printer to print??

Is the panel there but black, or did it disappear? If it disappeared, then press the F8 key, or click the little triangle in the middle.

Ok, tried that. The print commands on the right hand side are blackded out, but do not respond if one tries to clk on them.
When I press f8, Itunes starts playing an old video I have on it. The odd thing is that the preview bar is quite large at the bottom, but the blacked out command spots are not working. I could remove re-install if necessary, but I only have an old disc which is some several iterations back from LR6.14
I was able to make one print by going to the top bar on LR and going down the list to print, but now that command on that spot is greyed out also.
Must be a communist conspiracy

Ok, we have some family stuff going on now- will send it tomorrow.
Thanks

When I press f8, Itunes starts playing an old video I have on it.
That just means you have the F keys set to use special features, so you'd need to hold the Fn while you press F8 to get it to act like an F key.

Ok,: I did the Fn and F8 without any change in the screen. The screen grab will only save in tiff format, which shows up grayed out, and it won't load. ???

Import that screenshot into LR and export it as a smaller JPEG then. Or describe what you can see in more detail.

One thought - can you edit this photo in the Develop module ok?

Ok here's the screen grab.

Attachments

• grab.jpg
    grab.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 297
Try typing shift-tab. You've hidden both side panels..

I don't have the problem solved-I have always been able to show or not show the side panels. The issue is the print commands on the right side are blacked
(greyed) out and won't respond.

If so, your screen print didn't show it. Could you send us one that does?

I figured it out. The right hand print commands disappear when I select custom printing, in this case, 2 4x6 of the same image on one sheet of letter sized paper. There must be a way to solve that problem, but it is not a biggie. I just print on 4x6 paper and don't try to be a trail blazer.

Maybe you've hidden some of the custom print package panels. Try Window menu > Panels and checking them all.

Thanks that did not work-don't bother with me and my minor problems, I have an easy work around for this. It is assuming "academic" status.

Big thanks for your help

Mysteries bug me.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back