• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Previously Exported Book has errors when Exporting to PDF or Blurb book

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiona.duncanson

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom version: CC 2015.14 [ 1149743 ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
  2. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I created a Blurb Book in Lightroom Classic CC and successfully uploaded several versions to Blurb. Recently, after upgrading my Mac from High Sierra to Mojave, I tried to upload the same Book project to Blurb, but got the following message:
Lightroom Export error.png

As far as I know, the Book project has not been altered at all. I cannot assume it's related to the upgrade to MacOS. I have tried the suggested switching Background Graphic on and off, and replacing fonts, but each time the only thing exported is the cover. I tried removing all the text from the cover, with no change, and also removing pages from a test copy. I have also changed the typefaces (design is Optima and Rockwell) to Myriad Pro. No joy. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

If anyone has any tips or can suggest anything I might try, I'm all ears! Thanks in advance! Oh, and it's Lightroom version: CC 2015.14 [ 1149743 ]

Why are you still using CC2015? That is a pretty old version and through your subscription you have paid for several updates you didn’t install... Running CC2015 on Mojave means you are running a version from before your OS was released, which may explain the problems you are having.

Why are you still using CC2015? That is a pretty old version and through your subscription you have paid for several updates you didn’t install... Running CC2015 on Mojave means you are running a version from before your OS was released, which may explain the problems you are having.
That appears to be a glitch in Adobe’s Creative Cloud application management… Updates were not showing up, and since you posted your reply, Fiona has uninstalled the 2015 version and installed the 2019 (8.4.1) version and updated the catalog that this project lives in. Didn’t help with the original problem, but thanks for noting that the application version was so old!

Since this problem was noticed the book exports just the cover, which has text on it on various weights of Optima. We did some experimenting with replacing fonts, on the cover, then on several pages following the cover. We also tried deleting chunks of pages from the book, but each time the results were the same; only the cover successfully exported, regardless of the fonts used. Certainly a head scratcher. Next thing to try will be creating a new book from scratch, then test exporting as each page or spread is completed. What’s really odd is that nothing was added or edited after successfully uploading the book several times to Blurb.

We just did a test export to PDF, with trials after removing ALL text from each page, one at a time to try and isolate which text was throwing up the error. After removing ALL the text, it's still reporting the error, so unless there's a hidden text block somewhere, it's not actually the text that's causing the problem. Seriously a head scratcher here!

We also did a trial of another previously printed book, and that exports to PDF with no issues, so it's the book file that's broken, not related to the type or fonts, even though that's the error coming up. Interesting to see that PDF export creates two files, the cover and then the body of the book. Don't recall if that's how it worked in previous versions of Lightroom Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back