• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

previews vs smart-previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

herculeorama

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
Let me honest. I started using LrC and PS about 9-10 months back but that was a pirated version. I didn't feel right and updates were not easy to get. Anyways, one month back, I uninstalled them except that I made a back-up of my catalog. And I paid the subscription and got the satisfaction of using a genuine software and I have the peace of mind and am enjoying the programs without any issues.
I used my old catalog that I had backed up. Without a glitch. Today I wanted to see where my catalog actually resides and I came across these files. My current catalog is Lightroom
Catalog-v12. All my images and edits are intact. The screenshot of the folder contents:
The one dated 20/11/22 appears to be from the days prior to my buying the subscription which I started using from August 11th 2023. Can I safely delete the one dated 20/11/2022? (These are Date Modified dates). And what is the difference between the xxxxPreviews.lrdata and xxxxSmart Previes.lrdata? Though the files within that folder have recent dates of 17/08/2023.. I am confused.

LR Catalog Explorer Screen.jpg

Let me honest. I started using LrC and PS about 9-10 months back but that was a pirated version. I didn't feel right and updates were not easy to get.
But viruses and malware are easy to get with pirated software. And moral issues aside, a successful malware attack will cost you many, many times, the monthly subscription cost. And of course, there are the moral issues.

But viruses and malware are easy to get with pirated software. And moral issues aside, a successful malware attack will cost you many, many times, the monthly subscription cost. And of course, there are the moral issues.
The moral issue was the foremost on my mind.
And malwares and viruses can prove to be a nightmare..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back