Previews not changing to reflect edits/changes made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Symptom lately is that thumbnails and preview images aren't showing the 'CHANGED' edits that I'm doing........
help?

ie: work in a plugin / photoshop and save back to Lightroom, image doesn't look differently. I've closed program and reopened. Same thing.

Jeff

Selwin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi Jeff,

Does it help to select Menu->Library->Build Previews? Or does LR respond that all previews are up to date?

Normally, when you send a RAW to a plugin or Photoshop, when saving it back the original will be untouched and a new edited image (TIFF/PSD) is added to your library. The image you started from will not be edited, so not seeing changes in that image is as designed. The question that remains is where the returning file ended up.

Or did I misread your question?

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Hi- thanks. This is referring to opening a TIF copy of an NEF file in whichever plugin, and that change is made to the TIF and saved back to that file in Lightroom, which then (sometimes) does not reflect the changes.

Of course, by now, the photos are showing up properly after a couple days of me working and shutting down/rebooting through normal course of events.

I will keep an eye on the menu choice mention about previews.
Thanks

Hi Jeff,

Does it help to select Menu->Library->Build Previews? Or does LR respond that all previews are up to date?

Normally, when you send a RAW to a plugin or Photoshop, when saving it back the original will be untouched and a new edited image (TIFF/PSD) is added to your library. The image you started from will not be edited, so not seeing changes in that image is as designed. The question that remains is where the returning file ended up.

Or did I misread your question?

Status
Not open for further replies.