• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! There's new Presets in all versions, Super Resolution on the desktop, new Sharing options and more. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Preview issues when changing displays

Lightroom Version
LrC CC 10.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have had the strangest thing happen lately. When I open LrC the images don't show on my primary monitor in any viewing mode (grid, loupe, etc.) or in any mode (Library, develop, etc.) only gray squares, only gray boxes with all of the image information available. On my secondary monitor the image of the preview I have selected shows up fine (I'm using two displays). When I drag the grid from my primary monitor to my secondary monitor the previews appear. I have tried everything I know to do from reassigning displays in settings, reordering the display cables on my tower even opening different catalogues, but still the same result. It was working fine before with the same setup. Any thoughts?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Several possiblilties. There may be more:
  1. A corrupt icc profile on the primary monitor. Revert to sRGB and restart you computer and see if that resolves the problem.
  2. The GPU Video driver is corrupt or is not working with this version to LrC. Look for an updated driver and install it. You can also try turning off the GPU acceleration in LrC preferences.

Several possiblilties. There may be more:
  1. A corrupt icc profile on the primary monitor. Revert to sRGB and restart you computer and see if that resolves the problem.
  2. The GPU Video driver is corrupt or is not working with this version to LrC. Look for an updated driver and install it. You can also try turning off the GPU acceleration in LrC preferences.
Thanks for these suggestions, tried them all and can't get past how the primary dedicated display in Lightroom only shows gray squares but with all of the metadata available and with a preview visible on the secondary monitor. When I drag the grid from the Primary to the secondary display the previews appear. I've changed something because this hasn't always been the case. I think it did happen around the time of the last update, but can't be positive.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service